Tooth Colored Fillings
Tooth Colored Fillings at Kew Gardens Smiles Dental
Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite fillings, have revolutionized the way dental restorations are viewed and executed. Gone are the days when silver amalgam fillings dominated dental procedures. Tooth-colored fillings offer a more aesthetically pleasing option, blending seamlessly with the natural shade of one’s teeth. Crafted from a composite resin material, these fillings are not only visually appealing but also bond securely to the tooth structure, reinforcing the tooth’s strength and durability. Moreover, the ability to closely match the shade of the existing teeth ensures that restorations are virtually undetectable, allowing individuals to smile, talk, and eat with confidence.
Kew Gardens Smiles Dental stands at the forefront of embracing modern dentistry’s advancements. Recognizing the benefits and the demand for more natural-looking dental solutions, they have championed the use of tooth-colored fillings in their practice. The skilled professionals at Kew Gardens Smile Dental utilize the latest techniques and materials, ensuring that each filling is not only functional but also aesthetically in harmony with the patient’s smile. With their patient-centric approach, it’s no wonder they are a trusted choice for those seeking top-tier dental care.
What are the types of tooth fillings?
Tooth fillings play a crucial role in restoring the integrity and function of teeth affected by decay or injury. Over time, dental science has introduced several types of filling materials, each tailored to meet diverse needs and preferences:
- Amalgam (Silver Fillings): These long-standing fillings comprise a blend of mercury, silver, tin, and copper. Renowned for their durability and strength, they are, however, less aesthetically appealing due to their distinct silver-gray hue.
- Composite Resins (Tooth-Colored Fillings): These fillings are a blend of plastic and fine glass particles, offering the advantage of matching the natural tooth color, making them perfect for visible teeth.
- Ceramics: Typically porcelain-based, ceramic fillings offer excellent stain resistance compared to composite resin and have a lustrous resemblance to natural teeth.
- Glass Ionomer: Crafted from acrylic and a specific type of glass, these fillings release fluoride, providing an added protective layer against further decay.
- Gold Fillings (Inlays and Onlays): Made from gold alloy, they are celebrated for their durability and compatibility with gum tissues.
- Resin or Porcelain Inlays/Onlays: Custom-fabricated in labs and then bonded to the tooth, these fillings are both long-lasting and can be color-matched to the tooth.
At Kew Gardens Smiles Dental, patients receive personalized consultations to determine the best filling type suited for their specific needs. The expert team ensures that the chosen material not only addresses the functional requirements but also aligns with the patient’s aesthetic desires. The dedication to comprehensive care and attention to detail makes Kew Gardens Smiles Dental a preferred choice for many in the community.